Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jaundice....

As some of you may know Addy has had Jaundice since she was in the hospital.. Her levels were a 12.5. She was in the special lights all day Friday at the hospital and the evening she came home as well as all night and Saturday morning. Then I was told to take her off, but get her checked again in the morning. So.. I went in Sunday morning and again they poked my baby's foot and I called the on call Dr to check the results, He calls me and says he can't check them now he is doing rounds... My first thought was umm ok then call me later when you do have time.. Don't call me and say I can't check them, just call me when you do.. Well I get a call later saying they were back up to a 12.6.. BUT don't put her back on lights? What? So I have 2 Dr's telling me different things..Can we say frustrated with this Dr's office.. grr.. So I take her in YET AGAIN to get her poor little foot poked and the little angel barely even woke up.. she was sooo good.. (and the ladies in the lab all love her now..) And yet again I call and tell the Dr's office to check the results and I get a call saying she had gone up to a 16.. A what?? So I start bawling and that is when I called my mom.. (which as she says.. I should have done in the first place.. she was a peds nurse for how many years??) She was great.. she totally calmed me and told me some things to do and I did them..(yes I do listen to my mother now and then) So I took her back and today her numbers are down, back to a 12.6... So she is in the lights until tonight.. which is good. cause I can't do another night like last night.. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep.. ugh..

Addy in her bed....

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh Brooke, I'm so sorry. Poor Addy! I just e-mailed you but hadn't checked your blog update. I hope that she's doing okay now. She (and you) will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I didn't realize your mom was a ped. nurse! We might be calling her from time to time as well. :) It's scary when they're so little and get sick or things happen.

Hang in there, we're thinking of you!